Today was just wonderful.
- I tried a friend’s recipe for Cider-Roasted Pork Loin. It. was. wonderful. You have to try it! I’ve never had better.
- While cleaning up from the wonderful dinner, my sweet hubby reintroduced me to an old friend — the little-bit-crazy-but-wholly-genius Glenn Gould playing The Well-Tempered Clavier. Of course, I never played that prelude that fast. But . . . wow — it was so long ago that I was a piano nerd. Grant said he’d never seen me stop and listen to music like that. Usually I multi-task. Someday when we get a piano, that is what I’d spend my idle moments playing. I still have all my piano music.
- Gavin danced while we listened to the rest of The Well-Tempered Clavier. There’s nothing quite like watching a newly-19-month-old “interpret” baroque piano music.
- At the same time, Isaac hunted down all the “A” magnets on the fridge and spelled out his name over and over. Learning is so fun.
- And I started reading a book that is oh-so-controversial. But it seems pretty reasonable so far. 🙂